- This event has passed.
Site Environmental Awareness Training – Nottingham & The Midlands
CITB – SEATS – 1 DAY
The Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS) is designed to teach organisations about the benefits of good environmental management as well as demonstrating the process of how workers can take steps to improve their effect on the environment.
When organisations are able to carry out effective environmental management this can bring with it many benefits including cost savings, a good corporate image and the attraction that comes with new investment. This course is aimed at workers who would like to increase their knowledge of quality environmental working practices. It is designed to give an awareness of environmental issues that might have an effect on their organisation.
The SEATS course is suitable for staff that have supervisory or management responsibilities. It will ensure that these managers and supervisors have the basic environmental knowledge that is required by the subcontract chain and will be requested by major contractors. The course also covers all of the environmental aspects of the new touch screen version of the Health and Safety and Environment test. The course is set up so that participants will learn via case studies and classroom-based tutorials.
• Construction Skills Site Safety Plus certificate (must be renewed every 5 years)
• The delegates are involved in classroom exercises and a multiple choice exam that consists of 25 questions
• Why it is important to pay attention to environmental issues in the construction industry and why it is necessary to develop environmental management systems
• Best practice techniques for environmental safety in the workplace
• Legal compliance for environmental regulations within the construction industry
• Understanding how each of the these important issues affects how work is carried out on the construction site
• Techniques for proper waste management within the construction industry
• Issues related to being a good neighbour, such as heritage, communication, archaeology and statutory nuisance
• How best to manage energy and resources and use them efficiently
• Guidance for being a responsible contractor when it comes to environmental issues
What are the Entry Requirements?
• In order to take this training course you must have good written and spoken English. In order to learn more about the course and the requirements, please contact us.