- This event has passed.
NRSWA STREETWORKS- Nottingham & The Midlands
NRSWA SUPERVISORS – 5 DAYS
New Roads and Streets Act 1991 (NRSWA): Supervisors – 5 days
Intended for construction supervisors who have to monitor the location of underground apparatus, the setting up of road works for work sites within the highway, the carrying out of excavation in the highway, back-filling and reinstatement using hot and cold-lay bituminous materials.
The course provides supervisors with the skills and knowledge to ensure that work carried out meets the standards required by the New Roads and Streets Act 1991, complying with CDM Regulations in order to safeguard themselves and others.
• Entry into the Street Works Qualification Register.
• City & Guilds 6156:
• Supervisors: Units of accreditation 001, 010, 011, 012, 013, 014.
• Monitoring excavation in the highway (units 1, 10, 11).
• Monitoring excavation, backfill and reinstatement
of construction layers with a bituminous surface (units 1, 10-14).
• Monitoring reinstatement of construction layers in bituminous materials (units 1, 10, 14).
• Monitoring reinstatement of concrete slabs (units 1, 10, 15).
• Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways (units 1, 10, 16).
• Written assignments and observation exercises.
• Interpretation of plans.
• Identification of underground apparatus.
• Implication of damage to apparatus.
• Use of pipe and cable location equipment.
• Setting out of signs, cones, lamps and barriers in accordance with Dept. for
• Transport requirements.
• Erecting of temporary traffic signs.
• Excavation techniques.
• Disposal of surplus materials.
• Safe working practices.
• Supporting of utilities’ apparatus.
• Selection and storage of excavated material for re-use.
• Placing and compaction of back-fill and sub-base materials.
• Laying and compaction of hot and coldlay bituminous materials.
• Reinstatement of concrete slabs, modular surfaces and footways.
• Breaking up and removal of existing materials above formation layer.