- This event has passed.
IPAF – Nottingham
June 21, 2017
IPAF (MEWP) Operators Training: 1 – 3 days
The IPAF (International Powered Access Federation) Training programme was developed by leading industry professionals and is certified by TUV as conforming to the international Standard ISO 18878:2004 Mobile Elevating Working Platforms – Operator (driver) Training.
Delegates will receive a PAL Card (Powered Access Licence) it is issued by the International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) to Platform Operators who successfully complete a Training Course at an IPAF – approved Training Centre. The PAL Card is recognised across industries as proof of Platform Operator Training to the highest standard.
To instruct an Operator to prepare and safely operate various types of MEWP’S and to obtain an IPAF MEWP Operators Licence.
At the end of the course the operator will:
• Be aware of the relevant health and Safety Regulations
• Be aware of accident prevention and control
• Be aware of the needs regarding personnel protection
• Be aware of the need to refer to the Machine operating manual
• Drive the MEWP safely and manoeuvre the machine as required, to correctly position and carry out the required tasks in a correct and proper manner, inside and outside a building
The Operator should know:-
• The pre-use checks and daily maintenance to be carried out prior to commencing work.
• The correct and safe method of operating the specific machine
• The correct emergency procedures, capacities and limitations to enable safe operation.
• Selection and use of fall protection equipment covering as a minimum anchorage points in platforms, Harness standards, explanation of fall arrest, lanyard types, harness inspection, use and correct fitting, rescue procedures, current recommendations (HS(G)150, HSE & IPAF