- This event has passed.
EMERGENCY PAEDIATRIC – Nottingham & The Midlands
EMERGENCY PAEDIATRIC – 2 DAY
PRS can offer the Level 2 Award in Paediatric First Aid accredited qualification. The course provides theoretical and practical training in First Aid techniques that are specific to infants aged 0 to 1 and children aged from 1 year old to the onset of puberty. Candidates will become familiar with the role of the paediatric first aider and be able to assess and react appropriately to an emergency situation including being able to provide first aid for a child and an infant who;
1. is unresponsive
2. has an airway obstruction
3. is suffering from shock
4. is wounded and bleeding
5. has a fracture or dislocation
6. has a head, neck or back injury
7. has a condition effecting eyes, ears or nose 8. has a chronic medical condition or sudden illness 9. is experiencing the effects of extreme heat and/ or cold
10. has been poisoned
11. has been bitten or stung
12. has sustained an electric shock
The Level 2 Award in Paediatric First Aid consists of 2 units and is to be provided over a period of 2 days with a minimum contact time of 6 hours per unit.
PRS can offer a 1 day course covering Unit 1 of the qualification. Candidates successfully completing only the 1 day course will gain a Credit Certificate only, not the full Level 2 Award in Paediatric First Aid.
For the purposes of Registered Childcare Provision and Early Years Childcare within England, Wales and Northern Ireland, the candidate must successfully complete the full
2 day Level 2 Award in Paediatric First Aid.
• FAIB Certificate / Assessment: Written exam & practical assessment
3 months prior or 28 days after expiration of previous course.