- This event has passed.
Cat & Genny Training – Nottingham
June 21, 2018
CABLE AVOIDANCE TOOL (CAT) AND SIGNAL GENERATOR (GENNY)/UTILITY AVOIDANCE – 1/2 DAY
Protection against specific hazards, Regulation 12 of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 states: ‘Every employer shall take measures to ensure that the exposure of a person, using work equipment, to any risk is either prevented or adequately controlled.’
This course is intended for operatives who are required to locate underground services as part of a safe system of work for excavation.
The course is designed to provide the necessary skills required to locate underground services using utility drawings and including the use and maintenance of a CAT and Genny.
• PRS certificate of attendance with course content.
• Multiple choice question paper.
• Practical test (set up, operate and locate
underground services using the CAT and Genny).
• Basic principles of location and avoidance of underground services.
• Reading and understanding site plans.
• Use a Cable Avoidance Tool (CAT) and Signal Generator (Genny) in P, R & G Modes.
• Appreciation of difficulties associated with underground service avoidance.
• Identify risks and hazards associated with underground service avoidance.
• Hazard avoidance.
• Storage and maintenance of equipment.