- This event has passed.
ABRASIVE WHEELS – Nottingham
ABRASIVE WHEELS – HAND HELD ½ DAY
Aimed at construction operatives who are required to know how to safely use and mount abrasive wheels and disks on portable machines. The course ensures that a person mounting abrasive wheels understands the requirements and can comply with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER).
• PRS certificate of attendance with course content
• Practical test (selecting and mounting an abrasive wheel).
• Multiple choice question paper.
• Understanding of abrasive wheels legislation and responsibilities.
• Relevant aspects of legislation
• Hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels.
• Identifying risks.
• Selecting appropriate equipment and PPE.
• Methods of marking, transporting and storing abrasive wheels.
• How to select, examine and mount abrasive wheels.
• Pre-use checks.
• Different types and functions of wheels and disks
• Approved methods of inspecting and storing equipment.
• Mounting a wheel.
* The ½ day course does not include practical
cutting with an abrasive wheel.