WORKING AT HEIGHT – Nottingham & The Midlands
WORKING AT HEIGHT – ½ DAY
Aimed at people whose workinvolves exposure to a fall from height, whether in construction, maintenance, cleaning or access. The course looks at the health and safety implications of working at height, providing knowledge of potential hazards and control measures, including fall arrest protection.
• PRS certificate of attendance with course content, valid for 3 years
• Multiple choice question paper
• Work at Height Regulations and legislation.
• Organisation and planning work.
• Risk assessments.
• The safe use, maintenance and care of fall arrest protection equipment.
• The range of fall protection equipment and practical use of the equipment.
• Correct fitting of a safety harness combined with a variety of fall protection equipment.
• Working methods including restraint, work positioning and fall arrest using both fixed and temporary methods.
• Hierarchy of fall prevention and protection measures set out in the Work at Height Regulations.
• Pre-use checks, installation, methods of use and possible defects for specific types of fall protection.
• Provisional Use of Work Equipment Regulation (PUWER) 1998.