NRSWA Operative – Nottingham & The Midlands
NRSWA Operative 5 days
New Roads and Streets Act 1991 (NRSWA): Operatives – 5 days
Intended for construction operatives who locate underground apparatus, set up roadwork’s for works within the highway, carry out excavation, back-fill and reinstatement using cold-lay bituminous material.
The course provides the skills and knowledge to carry out work to the standards required by the New Roads and Streets Act 1991, complying with the CDM regulations in order to safeguard themselves and others.
• Entry to the Street Works Qualification Register.
• City & Guilds 6156:
• Excavation in the highway (units 1-3)
• Excavation, backfill and reinstatement of construction layers with a bituminous surface (units 1-6)
• Reinstatement of construction layers in hot-lay and cold-lay bituminous materials (units 1,2,6,7)
• Reinstatement of concrete slabs (units 1,2, 8)
• Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways (units 1,2, 9)
• Oral test.
• Continuous assessment through practical exercises.
• Interpretation of plans.
• Identification of underground apparatus.
• Implications of damage to apparatus.
• Use of pipe and cable location equipment.
• Erection of temporary traffic signals.
• Setting out of signs, cones, lamps and barriers in accordance with Dept. for Transport requirements.
• Excavation in the highway.
• Safe working practices
• Support to utilities’ apparatus.
• Selection and storage of excavated materials for re-use.
• Placing and compaction of back-fill and subbase materials.
• Laying and compaction of cold-lay and hot-lay bituminous materials.
• Reinstatement of concrete slabs, modular surfaces and footways.
• Breaking up and removal of existing materials above formation layer.
• Cleaning and preparation of formation layer.