MANUAL HANDLING – e-learning
This online course is designed to provide an awareness of the injuries and damage caused by poor manual handling and the correct techniques required to reduce the likelihood of future problems.
The course is designed for both people required to lift and carry objects, as well as managers and supervisors who may have to assess those involved in manual handling.
Delegates will be provided with the knowledge of how to minimise the risk of injury and harm to themselves and others through awareness of correct lifting and carrying techniques and potential workplace hazards. By the end of the course delegates will be able to summarise the relevant legislation and regulations, appreciate the impact of poor manual handling on business performance, identify and assess potential hazards and choose appropriate methods of risk control, in addition to carrying out manual handling techniques in a safe manner.
• PRS certificate
• 15 multiple choice questions
Take The Online Course Now
Online Course Content:
• The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and other relevant legislation.
• Management of Health and Safety at Work regulations.
• Accident statistics.
• Function of the spine and muscular system.
• Repetitive strain injury, avoidance of potential injuries.
• Assessment of the ‘task’, ‘load’ and environment.
• Ergonomics principles applied to:
– Manual Handling
– Seated workstation jobs
– Work area layout
– Work procedures
– Standing workstation jobs
– Manual Handling Operations Regulations (assessments, PPE and mechanical aids).
– Control strategies.