CONFINED SPACE TRAINING HIGH RISK – Nottingham & The Midlands
CITY & GUILDS: CONFINED SPACE TRAINING HIGH RISK – 3 DAYS
The national occupational standard course for working in high risk confined spaces. The course includes the use of all basic confined spaces equipment, as well as the use of self-contained and airline breathing apparatus.
• City & Guilds certificate
Successful delegates will be able to:
• Prepare to work in high risk confined spaces.
• Enter and exit safely.
• Prepare and use escape and working SCBA and airline breathing apparatus (BA).
• Use equipment and tools safely in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
• Follow procedures and work safely.
• Deal with emergencies.
• Use appropriate behaviour when working in confined spaces.
• Use water industry standards and appropriate water industry knowledge for working in confined spaces.
• Assessment by an external assessor.
• Practical observation – entering a confined space.
• Written test.
• Defining confined spaces in accordance with National Classifications.
• Risk assessment.
• Understanding method statements.
• Safe systems of work.
• Permits to work for confined space.
• Use of escape, self-contained and airline breathing apparatus (BA).
• Use of confined space equipment.
• Theory and use of gas detection equipment.
• Emergency working.
Certificates valid for 3 years
High Risk – Where you have to wear
Breathing Apparatus to enter